Friday, August 20, 2010

Anyone in a long-distance relationship that can help?

I've been in a long-distance relationship with my boyfriend for almost two years and we love each other very much. We're serious about each other - we've met each others families etc, and been through a lot together and I know that he's the One for me. It's been hard but we've spoken about our future together and in the not-too-distant future, I hope to move to where he is. So all in all, I couldn't ask for more.





Recently however, my other half has been stressing me (a lot) about the future of our relationship and where we are heading. We had a argument in which he told me that he loves me (more than anything and will always love me,that I'm his best friend etc), but he's been finding the distance between us really difficult. This of course, really freaked me out, but we've since resolved it. We've been making renewed efforts to talk more an text each other and I should be seeing him very soon.





The problem is basically that the conversation we had has left me feeling very insecure about our relationship and how he feels for me. I feel like I need constant reassurance that he's not going to end things. I take the most insignificant things as signs that he's getting tired of me (although I have not shown this) and I'm having reccuring nightmares that he's leaving me for someone else. It's really difficult because I've never felt like this before about him and I've always been confident that we'll be together.





I guess my question is how do I deal with these feelings without damaging my relationship? How do I tell him about how the argument we had made me feel vulnerable without coming across as a Klingon that can't cope with her boyfriend being in another country. I love him more than I can explain and need help from fellow LDRs!!!Anyone in a long-distance relationship that can help?
He probably just wants you to mov there faster. He's finding the distance difficult because he knows you'll be together properly soon - but he wants you there NOW. Don't stress, he just loves you, and obviously the distance has been difficult over the past couple of years - but the end is in sight.


And if he says he's your best friend and loves you then he won't think you're an insecure Klingon. Just tell him you're worried, and reassure him you can't wait to see him too.


You're probably both as worried as each other. Don't let one fight get you down out of two yeasr of a good relationship.Anyone in a long-distance relationship that can help?
You need to cool it. He did not say that he is leaving you right? Maybe he himself needs reassurance from you, too. Don't think too much, you might even freak yourself out more than before. Think positively. If you both love each other, other things can be solved together. Hope this help.
My very 1st relationship was long distance, when i went off to college. It did not last, he talked about me meeting other guys and bla bla. I didnt know if this was really true or to his benefit because he could not handle it. I was scared he would leave me a message or call saying he couldn't do it but that made room for a good guy he could handle it. My next relationship was long distance for about 3 years and it worked. He was ok with it and I was too even tho I took it a lot harder then the 1st because we did not start off in a LDR and in the 1st relationship, I didn't have a chance to be in love. It did take some time getting used to and he waited until I finsihed school and now I am back home! You should tell him how you feel and only he can clear your concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment