Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you deal with your long-distance relationship in Jamaica?

This question is for anyone in a long-distance relationship with someone in Jamaica (or any other country).How do you deal with the distance and challenges of not seeing your boyfried/girlfriend on a daily basis? How often do you see your significant other? I aim for at least every 2-3 months!My man tells me not to be insecure,but it is so hard! We will be together in a year or two! Either he will come back here,or I will move there(Jamaica).I would like to hear how others deal with their long distance relationship! Thanks!How do you deal with your long-distance relationship in Jamaica?
I am in a similar situation, my other half lives in Jordan. I saw him in April and will see him again in August and that's it for this year!


I am absolutely fine with it! You learn to deal with it and like you, we will be together in a couple of years! So am taking this time to have some 'me' time, enjoy being with my family and friends but also knowing I have a great boyfriend who I will be with soon! Don't let it get you down, think of all your single friends who will love you coz you're always free for a night out, hehe!


I don't feel insecure about it at all, without getting all soppy, we know we love and trust each other so its no big deal! I don't think infidelity is to be expected at all! Its about trust.


We met up in Egypt in April and I will go Jordan to see him in August! So I get to see new places too!


I say...enjoy it!


Good Luck!How do you deal with your long-distance relationship in Jamaica?
I can totally relate to your situation, I'm in one similar. The best thing is to communicate as much as possible, call and email multiple times a week. Do and think about things that remind you of him and make you feel he's with you. Its natural to be insecure when you can't be there to see what the person is doing but talking frequently helps to allay those fears. I think seeing each other every 2-3 months is good, unfortunately for me I don't have that luxury of seeing my boyfriend so frequently. Communicating and focusing on making your relationship stronger helps to make sure you don't go astray. Also continue to keep busy so you don't have time to focus on the fact that he's not here.
We (My Fiance' and I) pretty much deal with it the same way as others!! Talk on the phone every day- I've gone to visit him 3 times in Montego Bay until he's able to come out here.... It's about to be 1 year since I've met him. It's hard at times because when you fight you can't make up as fast as you would if you were in person. Yes, it's very hard not to be insecure, but if the both of you are willing to work on it- it should work out in the end!!! Love you Ricky (PumpUp) ;-*
They way i deal with my situation is that we speak with each other every day if not every other day. I'm the one in the states while he is in Jamaica. We also communicate by email and we use web cam so that we can see each other and he also tells me not to be insecure as well and I'm not we have been together for 4 years and two out of it is long distance i ge to see him every four months . Its hard at times but if you are really in love with this guy and he loves you too he will go the extra mile and wait for you and this is based upon honesty and trust
LOL stinjam you're something else!! Spoken like a typical Jamaican man. There will be some infidelity....so don't ask, don't tell. LOL





I don't think that's a given though. Trust, respect and honesty are important ingredients when it comes to having a successful long distance relationship.





Every human being has control over his/her actions and if you're in a committed relationship, there's no reason for you to cheat on your spouse....especially not because he/she is not close by. That would be a very weak excuse and one that should not be accepted readily by the other partner.
i cant answer you. but i will tell you what i learned.. the inland security poeple dont want people from jamaica here or the dominican republic people....why going on assistance. getting into and causing trouble.. drugs and so on check with the visa people and home land security on what they require.... i tried to get a lady from the dominican republic here.. i paid for a visa for her to learn english as a second language... the visa was denied.. they would not issue a visa for her unless she had ties to the dominican republic own a home.. have about 20k in the bank and family that stayed there.. so check first before you loose money on fees. ok
look this is easyy ok!


listen closely!





1. get a flight


2. have like 1000 dollars with you


3. buy land and live there


4. groww WEEED!


5. smoke it!!!!


6. theres only 3 side effects!!: hungry,sleepy,happy!





trust me u will forget bout ur problems just follow those steps!
HE LIVES IN MIAMI I AM HERE WELL I DEAL WITH IT WE TALK TO EACH OTHER EVERY SINGLE DAY WE ARE IN LOVE WITH EACH OUR ITS NOT JUST LOVE EACH OTHER ,WE HAVE PHONE SXX ,WE DO EVERY SINGLE THING OVER THE PHONE UTIL HE GETS HERE EACH JUNE WE ALSO USE THE INTERNET MESSENGER A LOT SO WE MISS EACH OTHER BUT WE DONT REALLY MISS SO MUCH AND I DO TRUST MY MAN SO WE HAVE NO NEED TO BE INSECURE AND IT WORKS [4 YEARS ]
My relationships are with cherished friends. We keep in touch with phone calls and letters. You might include good photos for your boyfriend, and send cute cards. Make him a video.
Hope and pray he will be faithful.
I think its best to be mutually respectful (since you are in a relationship), but be practical (since you are far away). Some 'infidelity' is very likely.





The most valuable thing is a certain level of honesty. Don't bother asking about infidelity if you know you dont like to share, but be sure to insist on safe sex. If you have doubts, rubber up!





As far as the emotional issues, these days email and msn messenger have made long distance relationships more practical. A girl can still text her man every day without going broke. Years ago the best you could do was phone calls at anywhere from US$1.50 to US$4.00 per minute, depending on how far your other half was.





Give thanks for technology and enjoy life.





On the good side, its MUCH easier to stay focussed in school when you don't have constant access to the best s*x you ever had.





EDIT:


As a Jamaican Man i would like to say CATEGORICALLY that i did not cheat in ANY of my long distance relationships. However, i do accept that me an all of those x girlfriends are still good friends because we NEVER acted like it wasn't a reasonable possibility. Being a little more honest in that regard made it much more comfortable. As far as i know, we never cheated on each other, but i can expect that there would have been many 'questionable or hazardous frienships' on both sides of the fence.





How each individual acts under such circumstances is really about an indivudual choice or display of character. There is no devine law or rule about how to deal with long distance romance other than to be true and respectful to yourself and your other half.
I was involved in one. We communicated on the phone, IM, letters and text messageing. But it is truly expensive. We hooked up in the summer and I was supposed to go back in the winter. Flight, hotel, everything booked and paid for (by me, since he went back to college and didnt have any money) and the night before I was supposed to fly out, he called me to tell me that his mom had a terrible accident in Miami and he has to fly over there. I lost everything, and I even sent him money to get the car rental. I called him back the same evening to wish him a merry christmas since the day i was supposed to see him would be christmas and guess who answered the phone...? HIS MOM...who is supposedly in a Miami hospital broken up. I took my financial and emotional lost bawled it out, moved on and never looked back on a long distance relationship. His best friend told me that a girl was supposed to come down to Jamaica to see him the same day but I was the one who stood the loss. Funny, they stayed in the room I paid for and used my money for the car rental to wine and dine her. I never even prayed for them and the following week, they were both involved in a car accident where they broke a couple bones. Then he called me after asking me to send him some money so he can pay for therapy. I told him to go ask the girl to give him some.


I dont talk to him anymore and its been two years. I have more money in the bank and I am living a wonderful life with a wonderful man. But he sent me an email the other day asking me if i could come there, marry him to help him get his papers and settle in canada. All of a sudden he has money to pay for the wedding and all expenses incurring on this ';marriage';. I sent him a reply ROTFL. And for any Jamaicans reading this DWBCPRCL. (Dying With Bumbo Clawt Pucci Rass Clawt Laugh). It could work but it is hard. You will have insecurities but how do you know what he's doing there. I accepted that he will sleep with other people but he burned me real bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment