Friday, August 20, 2010

Depressions in long distance relationship?

i have a real tough question. im in a relationship ryt now 4 like a yr. we are long distance relationship and to tell you, yes it is hard. i am 16 years old and my bf is also the same age as mine. yes i know you myt think im 2 young to be soo serious. but its really hard for me to just leave it all behind. this relationship is very imprtant to me and it chnged my life a lot. thnks to him. we dnt see each other much often as normal. i now live in japan and he is in the philippines. i am soo deprssd right cos i cant deal with argumnts, pains, nid of his touch, and sumtyms horniness. im scared of him whenever he gets mad at me, thats how he is when he is stress and depress. i know he is. so i learn to cope up with his illness. but what ab8 me? sumtyms i wnt him to undrstand that not always i can help him, dat sumtyms i nid sum1 2 treat me like a baby. i knw he can. but sumtyms the pain insyd me jst wnt go away. i kept on rmmbring it the othr day. its like i jst kip it. i need help pls :(Depressions in long distance relationship?
Long distance relationships are hard to begin with, but in your situation you have so many things going against it.


The one thing that stand out is, even at a long distance you are afraid of him when he gets mad. – not a good sign of things to come when/if you guys get together in person.


If he has problems he needs to get help in medication counseling and not take it out on you (or others)


Also…


Relationships need to be equal. If you help him and take care of him at times. He needs to be able to do the same for you when you need it.


Also…


I believe you can have serious feelings at your age - but your age is going to be part of the problem since neither of you have the ability to earn a lot of money , travel freely back and forth to see each other or move to be with each other. – So you are looking at 2 more years until you are 18 and have the ability to be out on your own (and with him if you chose)





So.. Unless he gets help for his depression/anger, Unless he is able to take care of you and treat you as you treat him, and Unless you can wait for 2 more years (all of which is a LOT to overcome) – this is not a good relationship for you.





Sorry, I know that’s not what you want to hear. But I think from what you said, “sumtyms the pain insyd me jst wnt go away. i kept on rmmbring it the othr day. its like i jst kip it.” -- You know this too.Depressions in long distance relationship?
Wow...this is really not the place for text speak...or whatever that was.





As to your question:


Does your BF have depression issues? A mental illness like bipolar or anything? If so, encourage him to get help for it. If he refuses, get out of the ';relationship.'; It's not healthy for you at all. You should not be afraid of your BF. I am concerned for your well-being.





As you said, there is not much you can do from so far away. You are a bit too young to be so serious since you can't just up and go visit him. Long-distance can work, but you have to be able to visit once in a while. Otherwise, it's just too hard.
I know exactly what your going through...I just broke up with my boyfriend of a year, and we lived fairly far from each other...and he had anger problems. Every time he would freak out on me, I wouldn't know what to do. That is the reason we just ended our relationship, its because i was scared of what could happen in the future. Those kind of people never change...I suggest you move on hun.. Yes it will be tough, its still tough for me even though I don't really love him that much anymore, but there are soo many people out there that will always respect you!





Good luck!


Melonie--

No comments:

Post a Comment