Friday, August 20, 2010

Long distance relationship advice?

My boyfriend and I are in a long-distance relationship.


We've been dating for over 2 years, and at the beginning of September he left for college.


I drove down to visit him over a weekend in mid-October.


The week or so before I saw him I started to feel distant from him emotionally, but once I saw him, everything was fine and was until this week. I'm starting to feel distant again. We talk just about every night, and I don't understand why I feel this way.


Maybe because it's not the same as him being here talking to me face to face. I'm not sure.


But I don't know how to deal with this feeling.


Some days I feel like complete crap, but I'm not willing to break this off.


I see him in a bit less than three weeks, so it's not too much longer, but I don't know how to cope right now.


I keep myself busy-- I have a heavy school schedule, college applications, meetings to go to, orchestra and marching band rehearsals, projects, and a lot of individual writing that I do.


What else can I do to feel better about this?Long distance relationship advice?
Now that he's in college and will be there for four years, trying to keep up this relationship, will me nigh on impossible.


Even though you are keeping in touch, as you have found out, it's only working when you are with each other. That's what relationships are all about, spending real time with each other.


What you have now, is basically a pen pal, or just a friend. It lacks the closeness you need. That's one reason for the distances you are feeling.


I think, you two should decide to see other people while he's so far away. You can't go four years, and only go out together or holidays or breaks, that's being unrealistic.


Slowly but surely, you two will drift apart as you seem to be doing already. Even with your heavy schedule, it's not doing much good for you.


So next time you meet with him, have a long talk and tell him how you feel, I'm sure he's feeling the same. So although dating others is taking a risk, that you may find someone else you care for more, at least you will be living your life, and not just holed up in your room.


That's why most long distance relationships, rarely work.Long distance relationship advice?
From my point of view of being a guy





Well I would just tell you to weigh out you options and think about them carefully. Do you really like him as much as you say you do? Does he make an effort to contact you and ask you how u feel about your long distance relationship? Do you think that your relationship can last even though its long distance? Personally I put my happiness before anyone unless I really love the person. Well hope this helped.
i have never been in a long distance relationship!!!! i will tell you to just calm down if you have had sex with him it will explain that feeling. I am sorry you feel this way. just try to keep busy. try to keep yourself going and just tell him everyday how much you love him and tell him how you feel!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment