Monday, August 16, 2010

How should I deal with my girlfriend's obsessiveness in our long distance relationship? How can I help her?

I am dating a woman who has 2 years of college away from home remaining. While she is at school, several problems have been occurring. She seems overly obsessed with me, wanting nearly perpetual contact with me, when she gets up, when she goes to bed, and basically all available time. We often agree upon times to talk, but she consistently calls me earlier than agreed, often waking me up when I need to be sleeping. It seems like a major burden for her to let me interrupt our calls to do the things I need or want to do. When I go out, she calls me on my cell phone many times, getting distraught if I cannot answer. She consistently worries about things that might end our relationship. She is continuously depressed when I'm not visiting her. She seems so focussed on me that I'm concerned her studies are suffering.


I often tell her these things trouble me and she's is slowly improving her habits. However I know for emotional reasons it's hard. But I love her and I want to help her.How should I deal with my girlfriend's obsessiveness in our long distance relationship? How can I help her?
you must be a very good boyfriend. we can tell from the way you write that you really care about the relationship.


you shouldnt accept this behavior from her, it is not healthy for anyone to keep going on like this.


you should have a serious talk to her next time you two meet. tell her that you really love and cherish your relationship and that you would never do nything to hurt or disrespect her.


dont say that she disturbs you when she calls, dont say that you dont like her attitude, just tell her that she doent need to be checking on you so often. you should try taking the active role and calling her before she calls you, call her unexpectedly just to say ';i miss you';, ';i wish you were here';, before you go out w your friends, let her know with whom you are going with and say something cute that girls like to hear, like: ';it would much more fun w you';, ';you should meet so and so, you would love him';, call her when you get home just to say goodnight. try and help her feel secure and special.


you should also ask her: ';what is it that you fear will happen when we are apart?'; listen to her.


dont lose her over this, it is just insecurity, it will go away.How should I deal with my girlfriend's obsessiveness in our long distance relationship? How can I help her?
She has a feeling that she is going to loose you while she is away. Reassure her how much you care and this can't stop happening. Ask her what her fear is if she can't get ahold of you? Does she think you are cheating? She has to trust you, which it doesn't seem like she does.
if you love her then suck it up she misses you...and its hard for her....and maybe you do love her but arent ready to love her the way she wants...and just ask yourself which one would be worst ...not having a relationship with her at all or giving her the comfort she needs to maintain a relationship with you
The ony thing you can do is keep your line and dont let her press you with her obssesiveness. My gf is kinda like that. if she calls too early I turn off my mobile the next mornings so she wont wake me up.


I just explain her that I have stuff to do so she cannot see me all the time.


She might want to see you often but once she gets it, she gets bored so to give yourself value, you need to be like gold..hard to find.
just love her how she is
You definitely have to explain to her how her behavior is hurting you and her and also affecting your relationship. Just be up front about it and as gentle as possible. Tell her that you love her, but you both still need to live your own lives as much as possible and enjoy the time you get to talk to each other too. If she calls before she says she will, don't answer and call her back. If you have to put your foot down in order to get her to understand the problem, then do that. She has to eventually realize that her behavior isn't going to fly for very long before you really get sick of it and it could be the downfall of your relationship. Ask her why she's acting this way and if you can do anything to help her change. If you keep tell her and she's not listening, then you have another big decision to make. Good luck.
She sounds like a nut case. That can be dangerous. If you really love her then get her to a Psychiatrist to deal with her depression and


obsessiveness. Otherwise look elsewhere for love. Because in the long run you will eventually grow to detest her.

No comments:

Post a Comment