Friday, August 20, 2010

Long distance relationship for a few years?

I realize I might want to pursue a doctorate when I finish my grad school in may, and I've been looking hard at a school on the east coast. Everyone seems to be totally behind the idea, except for my girlfriend. Don't ge tme wrong, she says it's good and I should go for it, but I can't help sense there's some anxiety about me leaving for 3+ years.


I avoid the subject because I know it's difficult to talk to her about. We've been together almost 2 years now and I love her, but I don't know if she can handle a long distance relationship, especially for multiple years. We see each other nearly every day and she still says I don't spend enough time with her.


Is this something we should be discussing alot, or should I just wait and apply and see what happens and then start talking about it? Girls, how would you deal with this if I were your man and you thought we were never together enough as it is?Long distance relationship for a few years?
It is something you should discuss a lot.


Don't just apply and then I'll see. Situations like that seem to be easier to handle, but there are always traces of resentment that don't vanish. (Believe me, I have 22 yrs marriage, and things pop up after years!) The anger she might face at your deciding alone can bea major factor in breaking up in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment